- Have your dog at your wedding
- Our Wedding Chaperone Service
- Our Chaperone Service Options
- Price List
- Dog Wedding Chaperone Service FAQs
Have your dog at your wedding
Would it really be your special day without them? Nope, we thought not!
Introducing Paw Prints Northeast’s Dog Wedding Chaperone Service! Our team of experienced handlers are dedicated to making sure your furry best friend is an integral part of your special day. From making sure they look their best to ensuring they are calm and well-behaved, our chaperones will take care of every detail.
- Are you concerned about how your dog will behave on your wedding day?
- Are you looking for a reliable team to take care of your furry best friend while you exchange vows?
- Are you worried about how your dog will look on your wedding day?
- Are you stressed about managing your dog and ensuring they are comfortable during the wedding festivities?
Our dog wedding chaperone service can solve these pain points by providing a team of experienced handlers who are dedicated to making sure your dog looks their best and is comfortable during your special day. Our handlers will take care of every detail, from pre-wedding walks and grooming to making sure your dog is well-behaved and relaxed. You can trust us to take care of your furry best friend and allow you to enjoy your wedding day without any worries.
As Featured In Living North Magazine
Our Dog Wedding Chaperone Service
Our packages include the following:
- Collection of the dog(s) from their pick up location
- Pre-wedding walk to burn off some energy and to ensure they have a toilet opportunity
- Clean up and dress the dog with any provided clothing or accessories.
- Have the dog ready 30 minutes pre ceremony to meet guests and be part of any pre-wedding photos.
- Accompany them to the ceremony and assist with any sections of the service you wish the dog to be involved with.
- Be fully responsible for all aspects of the dog’s care throughout the day, including providing water and treats, additional walks and necessary chill out time in our fully kitted out dog van.
- Working alongside the photographer to ensure great photos including the dog.
- Once the dog’s day is done we can ensure safe travel to their drop off location.
- Up to 75 miles journey included in the cost of the packages.
- Ability to safely transport and care for multiple dogs.
- Covering all areas of North East England, including Tyne & Wear, Northumberland, County Durham and the Scottish Borders.
We will work alongside you to ensure the perfect day for your dog(s) at your wedding. We will take care of the logistics, the care of the animal throughout the day and the safe transportation of them between locations.
We have no doubt you’ll find a package to suit but we also love hearing all your special ideas so do let us know what you have in mind and we can explore things together, the sky’s the limit on this one!
Our Chaperone Service Options
- Have your dog present for your wedding photos.
- Pick up and drop off of dog either from home or from where they are staying.
- Pre-Wedding walk to burn off some nervous energy.
- Clean up and dog made presentable for photo session.
- Liaison with wedding photographer.
- Up to 3 hours at venue.
- Fully responsible for dog so you can relax and enjoy your day.
- All the features of the gold service.
- Up to 5 hours at the venue.
- Can have dog present at the wedding ceremony.
- Can meet guests before the ceremony.
- All the features of the platinum service.
- Up to 8 hours at the venue.
Morning Russ, Just wanted to drop you an email to say THANK YOU! George was looked after SO well, and everyone commented on how amazing you were – How kind and lovely you were and just amazing basically! George didn’t kick up a fuss too. You’re literally a dog whisperer. Wow!
Thank you again so much, it meant so much having George there! It was a bit overwhelming on the day, so I didn’t get to say thank you in person, but as I say, it meant so so much to me! (And Mark too, but George is really my baby)
So thank you for being fantastic, I will be forever grateful!!! Thanks so much, Camilla, Mark and George!! 🐾🐾🐾
Hugo is such an important part of our life – we couldn’t have had our special day without him being there!
Obviously with our friends and family attending the wedding it was important to find someone else who we could trust with Hugo, so we could relax and enjoy the day knowing he was well looked after.
Russ came to met Hugo a while before the wedding, and it was clear he won Hugo over immediately! Russ was incredibly professional and helped plan the logistics from start to finish – collecting him, walking him, washing and dressing him in his tux, and allowing him to mingle with our guests safely in order to prevent jumping up or disturbing of the ceremony.
Many guests commented on how seamlessly Russ enabled Hugo to be part of the wedding. From holding up treats to help him pose for photos, to keeping him entertained whilst we mingled with guests.
Russ was the perfect plus one for our pooch!
Gold Service – £349*
Platinum Service – £549*
Diamond Service – £799*
*Additional charges if total mileage is over 75 miles and for multiple dogs.
Dog Wedding Chaperone Service FAQs
What areas do you cover? We are based in Backworth, not far from Whitley Bay, but we are willing to travel across North East England to ensure you can have your dog present at your big day. Many of the wedding venues we frequent are in Northumberland and County Durham. The cost of your package includes a total travel distance of 75 miles.
How much does the extra mileage cost? For all journeys where the total mileage exceeds 75 miles, we charge 80p per additional mile.
How is the total mileage calculated? We use Google maps to enter our home address, the collection address of the dog, the wedding venue’s address, the drop off location and then our home address again. If this route totals less than 75 miles, it is included in the price of the package.
How does the wedding chaperone service operate? Our wedding chaperone service follows a basic structure that tends to be pretty consistent, however, we will always work around your specific needs to ensure you get the unique service you are after.
We collect the dog at a time that means we can arrive about an hour or so before they are required at the venue. We take them out for a walk to burn off some energy and to make sure they have a toilet break. We then get the dog clean and tidy and put on any attire that you have given us so they are ready to go for when needed. We usually aim for arrival around 30 mins before the ceremony so that guests can say hello to the dog and they can be part of the groomsmen’s photos. We can also take the dogs to go and say hello to the bride if they wish.
We then keep the dog entertained and watered whilst the ceremony takes place and be in position if the dog is required at all. Depending on the rules of the venue, we keep the dog as close to proceedings as we can, as long as the dog is comfortable. If you would like for your dog to join you for the walk down the aisle after the ceremony so you can leave as a family, I can bring the dog to you at the appropriate time and make sure the dog is happy and not getting stressed.
We then make sure you dog is ready and in the right place at the right time for the photoshoots and the post ceremony celebrations. We work with you and photographer to get the best photos possible.
Once the time you require your dog to be present at your wedding is complete, we can then return them to where they are to be left, either handing over to a family member at the venue, returning them home or taking them to a third person, such as kennels or dog boarder.
Do you offer overnight stays as part of a package? Unfortunately we don’t, however we know several dog boarders in the area who we would recommend and can put you in touch with.
Can the packages be altered or personalised at all? Absolutely, we will happily work with you to ensure you and your dog have the day you are dreaming of. Just let us know what you are thinking, and we’ll work out the logistics.
Do you dress smartly on the day? Of course. We will be dressed appropriately for attendance at a wedding. That way if we show up in the background of any photos, we will blend in.
Is there a charge for additional dogs? Yes, we charge £50 per additional dog.
How many dogs can you accommodate? We can take a maximum of four dogs, but this may be less depending on the size of the dogs and how they can fit in our van.
Do you meet us before the big day? If we can, yes. I definitely prefer to, but as you may be living across the country but coming to the North East for your wedding it isn’t always possible. If an in-person meeting isn’t possible we can do one over zoom.
What equipment or facilities do you provide on the day? We’ll provide everything we need for the day including portable shower, towels, heated/air conditioned fully fitted dog van, spare leads, treats and water. All we need from you is any specific clothes or accessories you would like your dog to wear, their smart collar and lead and of course, the dog!
How do we book? Get in contact with us via the ‘enquire now’ button and we’ll gather the information we need to give you a price based on the most suitable package. Once agreed upon we require a non-refundable 20% deposit, with the remaining balance due 2 weeks before the wedding date.